Editing

 I evaluated two editing websites: openshot.org and clipchamp.com, my first thought about coming to the websites is that Openshot needs to be downloaded and requires a password to go in. Genuinely I don't have time for that. Now with Clipchamp, the first thing I see is bright colors, making me think using this software is easy to use, whereas Openshot is dark colors and makes me think it's complex and only for advanced people.


Now for the main things, I was looking for in my research:

-Is it web-based?

-Can I lay multiple tracks?

-Can I pull audio off the video tracks?

-Can I work on a template or project with my group?


OpenShot:

  • it's web-based, but I would have to download it
  • I can add as many tracks I want its unlimited 
  • it allows great audio features to split and adjust the audio, so most likely I will be able to remove the audio
  • As of what I know and from my research, you CAN'T collaborate with the software 


  I think it had everything I was looking for overall. The fact that I would have to download it and find a password and have one person from the group edit the whole thing by themselves. We can't add anything from our own devices. It may be challenging to fulfill everything, but it can be fulfilled even with the big outstretch it brings to the table.


ClipChamp:

  • It's web-based so I wouldn't have to download it 
  • I can add as many tracks as I want
  • it allows me to do whatever I want to the audio at my "heart's content"
  • it allows me to collaborate with my group and work on the video together


Overall, ClipChamp had everything I wanted. From being free and being trusted by many companies to letting me collaborate with my group. I have tried doing a draft template, and so far, it's easy to use and manage. I believe I will enjoy using this and use this website for future projects for a film.

Comments

Popular Posts